The NHS Stop Smoking Service is a national network of advisers who are trained to help you quit. They will give you accurate information and advice on how to quit, and give you professional support during the first few weeks after you have stopped smoking.
How to contact a stop smoking adviser
Your GP can refer you, or you can phone your local NHS Stop Smoking Service to make an appointment with an adviser:
- Find stop smoking services in England.
- Call the free NHS Smokefree Helpline on 0300 123 1014.
- Find stop smoking services in Scotland.
- Call the free Smokeline on 0800 84 84 84.
- Call the free Stop Smoking Wales Helpline on 0800 085 2219.
In Northern Ireland
- Call the free Smokers’ Helpline on 0800 85 85 85.