Smoking addiction is a story that every smoker will share with you, it may have started under the pressure of stress, or peer, but quitting is difficult.
They have tried, but failed, the urge for a puff is over powering for meek souls. But we believe that nothing is impossible, so we let the smoke out some interesting facts about smoking that will help you get rid of this habit today.
For smokers, puffing on a cigarette is a habit. It is as difficult as to give as television or Facebook, or harder. To quit smoking, it is important to understand that smoking is a form of self-medication to reduce the psychological problems of stress, boredom, or popularity. For some, this statement to define masculinity and cool factor, but for others it’s just an old habit that they are addicted to. But every smoker knows that the day will come when they should quit smoking.
In order to fight the desire to smoke, studies show that it is necessary to replace the triggers and solutions with other habits. For example, whenever you feel the urge to smoke, replace the trigger response with a cup of strong tea. Sensory stimulation seems to help fight the butt.
Smoking is a heartbreaker
Smoking can cause damage to your heart, not emotionally but physiologically. Did you know that smoking affects not only the lungs but also your heart and blood vessels? By reducing risk factors like smoking, 80% of premature deaths due to cardiovascular problems can be avoided. In addition, smoking decreases the good cholesterol, reduces the oxygen level, heart rate speeds up and creates blockages. By-product of smoking – carbon monoxide – associated with heart attack, angina and stroke.
Asthma and smoking
People choke asthmatics, when smoked, and all the right reasons. Our Pulmonologist with Moolchand Medcity in New Delhi, Dr.SK Jain explains this deadly mixture “, asthmatic patients who smoke more likely to suffer from coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath due to the thickness of the epithelium, or irritation of the respiratory tract, causing them to swell, narrow passage, which is filled with sticky mucus makes asthma attacks more likely than nonsmokers asthma patients.” The terrible truth for asthmatic smokers!
How stress makes you smoke
An interesting fact, Dr. Munish Kr. Sachdeva, Liver, and an expert Endoscopist Specialist at Ganga Ram Hospital, ’80% of smoke in the remaining 20% have many other reasons to smoke alone. “This explains why the visitors of the office and professional workers take a few breaks of smoke. Modestly Most smokers agree that if they have company, they will smoke. Or do you just need a break from all and your work.
Stars to help you quit smoking
In an interesting turn of events, actors will encourage smokers to extinguish cigarettes for life. The warning will be read out before the film begins and immediately after the break. It will be interesting to see what the actors will actually contribute to this cause.
Teens pick up smoking because due to movies
Directors believe art imitates life, but in this study, life imitates art. In a study conducted in the U.S., “Young people who watch a lot of movies with smoking cigarettes characters, regardless of what rating the movie is, more often start smoking themselves. The common excuse for the youth is that smoking is cool.
No smoking in paradise
Goa is all about leaving your problems behind, and had fun. And for smokers, puffing on a beach is a great way to relax. But the government plans to ban the recreational activities on the beach. “We are planning a law which will include the beaches to the list of public places where smoking will be banned,” said Deputy Director of the Department of Tourism, Pamela Mascarenhas.